LESSON 6
Computer Ethics
1. What is ethics?
I. A study about moral principles.
II. A custom that guides human behaviour.
III. A regulation that must be obeyed by the public.
IV. A knowledge about what is good and what is bad.
A. I, II and III
B. I, II and IV
C. I, III and IV
D. II, III and IV
2. Which of the following statements shows the impact of using a company’s computer without authorisation?
I. Decreasing company’s expense.
II. Increasing the company’s expense.
III. Improvement in term of staff personal skills.
IV. Creating an unhealthy relationship
between employer and worker.
A. I and II
B. II and III
C. II and IV
D. III and IV
3. Which of the following statements shows against the code of conduct in computing?
A. Accessing the computer without authorisation.
B. Using the computer to create useful computer codes.
C. Using the original computer software from legal vendors.
D. Using computer knowledge to contribute to human life.
4. Which of the following statements shows an example of good ethics?
A. Copying software without permission.
B. Copying an original VCD for own use.
C. Making copies of an original VCD for friends.
5. Question 5 is based on the diagram below.
X is one of the issues in computer ethics. X may be _______________.
A. software theft
B. unauthorised use
C. authorised access
D. information accuracy
6. When we talk about ethics, we are concerned about __________.
A. human privacy
B. human education
C. human personality
D. human communication
7. Which of the following statements shows a good code of ethics in schools?
A. Sending an email during school time to friends.
B. Using the school equipment for students’ personal use.
C. Using own hand phone to call a friend during lunch break.
D. Doing an English assignment in the computer lab during Science period.
8. Which of the following statements shows the result of practising computer ethics?
A. Good relationship between human beings.
B. Motivating professional to steal others’ ideas.
C. Contributing to society with his or her knowledge.
D. Producing a wealthy professional with personal profit.
9. Which of the followings is the purpose of code of ethics?
A. Using knowledge to harm the society.
B. Encouraging people to be cruel to others.
C. Drawing a guideline for people relationship.
D. Prohibiting people from doing the right thing.